Thursday, March 12, 2009

On asking me for favors...

Doing favor is a gesture of sacrifice. One gives away something valuable to get at least a possibility to gain something else of value (such as self-respect, trust, love, freedom, prosperity), or to avoid an even greater loss (Wiktionary.) I neither gain nor grow in giving to the non-needy. (Luke 6:34)

If you are self sufficient, don't ask for help.
If it takes same or less amount of effort on your part to do it, don't ask for help.
If you are interrupting me from an activity with same or more importance as the one you'd have to interrupt, don't ask for help.

BUT...
If you find that you can't do it yourself, don't hesitate to ask me for help.
If it's better if we do it together, call me, let's do it!

AND...
If you ask for a favor because your in a hurry, don't spend the next 30 minutes defending your point.

FINALLY...
Favors are asked with YES..... or..... NO questions.

No comments: